Our clients are busy, small business owners who hire us to handle their phone calls and treat their customers the way they would.
Our job is to answer those phone calls, and do what we can to be helpful, and turn those callers into loyal customers and raving fans of the businesses we serve.
If you decide to join our team, you will be handling phone calls (from your home, through your computer and a headset) for multiple businesses throughout the day, assisting callers with questions and booking appointments, and performing basic receptionist duties.
To be a good fit in our organization:
– You’ve got to be ok with working from home and not ever having to deal with a morning commute, a dress code, etc.This is hard for some people. Can you handle it?
– You’ve got to love using your computer and be comfortable learning various computer programsThe key is to be willing to learn.
– You’ve got to be pleasant, empathetic, and helpful on the phone, and with your team membersCan you be nice on the phone, with our clients, and with your team members? Great! That’s 90% of the job.
– You have to care about doing a good job, and care about your fellow team members, clients, and callersWe keep things lighthearted and fun, but we care intensely about being the best for ourselves, our team members, and our clients.
– You have to be self-aware, be open to honest feedback, and be willing to be honest with othersWe all have different roles, but everyone from the top to the bottom makes mistakes and must be open to feedback. We are a company built on honesty, with ourselves, and with each other.
– You have to be willing to learn new thingsWe’re a young, exciting company defining a new industry. Things change quickly around here. That’s what keeps it interesting.
– You have to be able to multitask and remain cool when it gets busy and stressfulWe handle calls for lots of businesses. Sometimes it gets a little crazy. Can you remain calm and cool with the occasional stressful situation?
– You have to have a sense of humorWe take our work seriously. The rest of the time, we laugh. Life’s too short to have it any other way.
– You have to be organizedA world-class receptionist has excellent organizational skills.
If you have receptionist or call center experience, that is a bonus, but we’re much more interested in people who embody these core characteristics.
We can teach anyone to answer the phone with a smile, but we can’t teach you to be caring, empathetic, and open to honesty.
On any given day, you may be handling any of the key responsibilities below:
1. Make our clients’ days by giving them what they don’t even know they want. This may look like:
– Closely following a client’s instructions and knowing when it is appropriate to step outside of those instructions
– Going above the standard call handling to offer additional assistance
– Offering to return calls on a client’s behalf
– Mentioning your impression of a caller to the client when helpful
2. Elevate calls from a dry transaction to a memorable experience. This may look like:
– Using quick wit and good judgment
– Using active listening skills to recognize invitations to briefly engage in personal conversation
– Focusing on what you can do (as opposed to what you can’t) and seeking creative ways to offer assistance
3. Foster happiness in others. This may look like:– Look for opportunities to recognize team members for a job well done
– Be warm, friendly, and professional on every call
4. Do what you say you’ll do. This may look like:– Promptly answer incoming calls
– Provide unbiased service to meet each client’s needs
– Compose complete, accurate, and helpful messages
– Be responsive via email, instant messaging, etc.
– Quickly act when a response is requested
– Be a reliable person that team members can count on
To be successful, you will need to be able to perform the following essential functions: – Continually operate a computer via a keyboard and mouse in order to answer incoming calls
– Type at 50 WPM or higher
– Take accurate and complete notes
– Input a variety of information pertinent to our clients’ needs in various software programs
– Communicate clearly, and converse with individuals both verbally and in writing regarding the exchange of accurate, detailed information, including the ability to read and comprehend client call information with special instructions
– Clarity of vision at 24 inches or less in order to observe and discern information while looking at a computer screen 90% of the day
– Live in the U.S.
– Fast, reliable computer
– Stable, high-speed internet connection
– Quiet work environment during business hours
– Able to quickly learn how to use multiple types of software, email, and live chat computer programs
– Upbeat, caring, cheerful, empathetic, customer-focused attitude
– Phone-based support or customer service experience a bonus
– A sense of humor